Tuesday, October 13, 2009

tales and tails

Decided not to upload SWAIN'S LOCK to Smashwords, for now anyway.  That site's complete lack of DRM scares me a little.  Even if that's the way online publishing is headed.  For now, anyone can read the novel for free on Scribd.  It just can't be downloaded as an editable file.

On the kitten-fostering front, all seems well with the Cinders.  But after our experience with the Hellions (who as far as I know are still alive in the hospital, even though their Mom Lynxie succumbed to the virus), I'm half-expecting something to go wrong.  Black kittens Spike and Salem are probably past the scary stage, but the three brown tabbies are still small and vulnerable.  They need to gain weight.  pix at http://50kittens.com/

I need to fill some holes in the BURYING ZIMMERMAN plot.  And that probably means more research.  I still remember most of what I've read about the 1898 Yukon gold rush, but I don't know enough about New Mexico and Texas in the 1890s and early 1900s.  I'd almost rather just start writing, but you have to breathe in before you can breathe out.

No comments: